In addition to the weekend’s packed schedule, we’ve set up a few additional services to make your weekend at the Summit even more enjoyable.
Every year, we get a lot of questions about there is to do for family members who are not attending the Summit. So we asked the State Park to plan a few activities for families throughout the week. You can download the State Park activity schedule here.
Dog Walking & Dog Sitting with Kathryn Cockrell (additional cost)
- Download the app:
- Using the state park’s zip code (35976), search for Happy Hound.
- Click the green heart in the top right corner of the app to schedule an appointment or message Kathryn.
- Create an account and pay right in the app!
- Tax planning
- Tax savings through converting a business to an S-corp
- Understanding LLC, partnership, S-corp, sole proprietor
- Self-employment tax obligations
- Multi-state taxes
- Basic bookkeeping
Dining at The Lodge
Don’t want to cook every day? The Pinecrest Dining Room at the Lodge serves daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner (view Pinecrest Dining menus here). The Hickory Lounge, just across from Pinecrest, also serves burgers, salads, appetizers, and drinks (see the Hickory Lounge menu here).
For more restaurants nearby, see our Things To Do page on the website.
Lodge Fitness Center
On the lower level of the Lodge, there is a small fitness center and sauna available for lodge and campground guests. (Kids under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.)